7.26.2007

Coloring, Cell phones and Cuteness

Hello! Here are a few new pictures of Cate. Almost 16 months old! We just introduced her to coloring.She seems to really like these low-key activities. She bit into a crayon the first time she tried and got blue crayon all over her mouth, but I think she's figured out that it isn't terribly worth it! Since then, she sticks to the paper...or the floor. But you know what? This place was absolutely filthy when we moved in, so I don't really care if there's crayon all over it! :)

The next few pictures were taken at the cell phone store. We decided it was finally time to purchase a phone ( it just might have had something to do with me and Cate getting locked out of the house for 3 hours). The shopping here is really crazy. There is a special street for nearly every product imaginable. There's sock street, door street, and of course, cell phone street.

Our salesman. He was great fun. We speak practically zero Korean and he spoke little to no English, but seriously he was so kind. He gave us free things and was so helpful. It's amazing what you can get accomplished without speaking the same language. By the end of our hour long visit he was calling himself Cate's uncle.


As we were waiting, a group of young guys came in. These guys were all decked out in scarves and perms and what have you, and after a short while they asked to take their picture with Cate. Oh, this is a funny place. Please tell me where else you would see 20 year old guys giggling over a baby and posing in pictures with one?


Cate's favorite activity these days is lying on our bed and enjoying the a/c. Isn't she adorable? :)

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait until we have a cute little kid colouring all over our floor... I think. It's coming pretty soon here.

    It's great to see that you guys are doing so well out there. I just love the fact that, Cate and all, you guys are so willing to live an adventurous life. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:02 p.m.

    I would have to agree that she IS adorable and a budding artist at that!
    I well remember "Cell Phone Street" and Sock Street". It was almost mind boggling to see all the stores selling exactly the same thing. Keep posting pictures of our sweet little Cate - can't get enough of her...

    Love, Dad/Papa Ginther

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable as usual...i would have loved to see the guy with the perm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:43 a.m.

    I really enjoyed this post! Cate keeps getting cuter and cuter. Can't wait to see you all again:) Hope it's sooner rather than later! Love you
    ~Katharine~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad for these blogs to keep in touch! We would miss so much of Cate's cuteness and all your funny adventures of Korean's with perms if we didn't have this.

    To answer your questions...
    I feel ready physically. (As in, get it out. I want my body back.) But I think I need as much mental prep as I can get and I have a feeling it still won't be enough:-)
    We have names picked and we both agreed without arguement so that's good.
    Thanks for commenting! I will try to keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, that last picture of Cate is sooo cute!!! And that is so hilarious about the guys wanting their pciture taken with her

    ReplyDelete
  7. she seriously is so cute, she melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete