3.20.2009

To blog or not to blog...

Well, here I am. A mere 4 months later and I'm finally sitting here deciding whether I should bother! I've been removed from lists of blog friends which tells me that I seriously am in the bad blogger club. Yikes!

Let's try this for starters. This will be a 25 things about me. In the last 4 months.

1. I have had a full nights sleep about 8 times since I last posted.

2.I have officially learned to cook. I am still a beginner, but if you ask me, I might even be able to tell you a thing or two about spices! It's true.

3. This is directly related to the fact that we have done a complete turn around in our eating habits and now try very hard to eat only whole foods. Nothing processed. No added sugar. Just homemade goodness.

4. Cate now goes on the potty (finally!)

5. I started "working" at a children's centre where I teach a playgroup for moms and tots once a week.

6. Sometimes I wish I worked more. Sometimes working one morning a week is too much :)

7. I started a 365 Project in which I take a picture of Cate and Maggie every day for a whole year. They are posted on Flickr here: I update every few days so check it out!

8. Maggie is almost sitting, rolls and has the most wonderful cow lick on top of her head.

9. I spend a good majority of my day talking to, kissing and transporting Cate's imaginary friends (who go by Key and Ha-Ha).

10. Key is an orange cat and Ha-Ha is a girl from China who has a sister named Hoo-Ha.

11. I read an average of 15 children's books a day - but I love every minute of it.

12. I long to travel again. In fact, I'm constantly scheming and planning a way for us to leave the country. I miss adventure and seeing the world.

13. This time next week I will have a 6 month old and a 3 year old!

14. I hate to admit how many television shows I watch. But I will. Project Runway, The Office, American Idol, The Bachelor ( oh geez. I know.) and well...that could be it. But (perhaps) surprisingly I have zero interest in Grey's Anatomy or Dancing with the Stars. BUT in spite of my evening TV addiction, I am happy to say that Cate has not watched more than 30 minutes of television in her life.

15. I think Cate is a miniature version of me. And people tell us this often. I don't know if Maggie will be. That girl has her eye on her daddy.

16. If I had any concerns about being a mother of two, they are gone. The transition has been altogether easy and Cate really adores her little Mags. Although if you happen to drop by, you may or may not find me in my pajamas at 1 pm.

17. I am still so, so grateful for David who puts up with my neurotic parenting moments, an often unvacuumed living room and eating lentils for supper. And let's not forget, for putting in 10 hour days every day to support us.

18. I could not be more thankful for spring. I am quite sure this has been THE longest winter of my life. I can't wait to go on some ladybug hunts.

19. We found a Korean grocery store and it might just be my favorite place in Calgary.

20. I still read your blog. But I probably don't comment.

21. For the first time in an embarrassingly long time I can say that I work out. Unfortunately, I have to do it in complete silence or my children wake up. Thankfully, silent work outs still make baby bellies fade. Thank you P90X.

22. If it weren't for some fabulous friends and family, Calgary would really suck.

23. I really love having brunch. Going out, making it, sharing it. Give me breakfast for lunch and I am there.

24. I would love to be crafty or have some type of crafty skills. I have pages upon pages of ideas bookmarked on my computer and I don't think I have used a single one. Someday friends, someday.

25. Fruit Source Mini Bites are the new Sour Kids.

7 comments:

  1. carmen! i'm so glad you are blogging again! i love hearing about whats going on with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. see i knew if i just kept checking you'd post something again!
    nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! This was awesome. Secretly I still checked your blog almost every day these last 4 months to see if you updated, even though I talk to you and know what's going on in life! yay for blogging! I'll call you today, we need to make some plans for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the update, i've also been a bad blogger, maybe its the 2 kids thing, alison will be put to the test soon..... [=

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are still in my bloglines feed, so I still read! Great update :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok so i have been watching an infomercial for a p90x for the last 20 minutes... is it really as amazing as it looks?! how much equipment did you have to buy (if any)???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin,
    The only thing you really need to buy for equipment is a chin-up bar.But, to be honest, I haven't bought one!
    I am following the program, let's say, leisurely. I don't really follow the diet, because it's more about losing weight, and I prefer my eating philosophy.
    I also just chose which workouts I feel like doing. There are tons, Cardio, Plyometrics ( which is an insane jumping workout that burns an insane amount of calories) yoga,Ab-Ripper, Chest and Back, Legs, Shoulders, etc. So, long story short, I don't really care all that much about my shoulders and my chest so I don't really do those ones ( and hence haven't really missed the pull-up bar). Light weights are good to have but that's all I have. I think the program is great, but I certainly don't follow it religiously.

    ReplyDelete