5.21.2009

And Cate said...

Three is a funny age. Sometimes oh so challenging, sometimes so adorable it hurts, sometimes just plain funny.

Here are a few lines from Cate in the last couple of weeks:

I spilled some rice on the table this morning and said "Oh!" Cate looks at me and says " Don't cry about it, mommy."

Cate isn't very familiar with Disney characters, ( we don't watch the movies yet, and try not to buy Disney themed toys) She does have some books with the princesses, however, and so was looking through the various stories of the Little Mermaid, Cinderella, etc. When she came to Beauty and the Beast, she knew that the yellow dressed girl was Belle, but just stared at the Beast. Finally, she said, "Mommy, this is Belle and....the camel."

We have a skate park across from our house. During meal time, we can't help but watch the skaters and see their tricks. The other day there was a pretty young kid there, maybe 8? And I commented on this. Cate said "Oh! I see him! He's just as teensy tiny as can be!"

Cate and Maggie and I listen to our dance class music all week. Yesterday we listened to one called "The Stingray Shuffle". When David heard it, he started to sing a bit, and Cate says to him "Daddy, don't. That is gross."

My word. She is quite the kid.

1 comment:

  1. hehe this was a funny blog. my favorite is belle and the camel. what a cutie.

    ReplyDelete