6.24.2010

Currently

Loving this:

 

And so not loving this:

 


Notes: Bought the above shampoo for the girls at Superstore. I believe it was about $6. Read reviews on it and feel good about this. Plus, it smells amazing! 

I picked up the dishwasher detergent after my oh so frustrating experiments with homemade (in case you're wondering my three attempts were all complete and total failures. That is unless you somehow  enjoy having to soak and rewash every single cloudy, filmy dish). Anyways, I thought I'd spend a bit more and go all natural from the store, and let me tell you: nearly as bad as my homemade variety! Now I don't know if I have really hard water or my dishwasher has problems, but every load leaves my whole dishwasher full of that film and cloudy-ness. It takes a serious scrub to get it off. So, I'm not going to recommend it. But this is a powdered detergent, and hey, maybe the gel would be an improvement? 

In other news, things are growing. We actually ATE beans from a bean plant that we grew. I kid you not.  Three whole beans. 

And that is my wee little hot pepper plant. She needs a bit of time, but we're happy with her progress.
Even my cherry tomatoes survived the wicked weather of spring and are popping out of those yellow blossoms left and right. 



I'm also currently using this as my new face wash and it is honestly fantastic! Olive oil and brown sugar, my friends. Exfoliating and moisturizing. I am not using any other moisturizer right now and my skin feels great. I keep a little bowl in our main bathroom and use it first thing in the morning so I can keep my eyes open for the first book of the day.

And...we are loving the summer weather around here. 


And yes, that is my finger stuck on top of Cate's face. Nice.


3 comments:

  1. Chandra4:51 p.m.

    The liquid 7th generation is no better, just so you know! We are still on the hunt for a good natural dishwasher detergent...so far they all suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing a lot of research about dishwasher detergent recipes as well. However in the meantime for over a year I have been using a few natural products that work perfectly. I used to use melaleuca dishwasher detergent. It was great but it cost more and tricky cause you have to order it. Now I use the capsules from shoppers drug mart. There own eco brand. I think it is like bio something... Sadly not as cheap as superstore, but really time is money... at least for me. I can't be double scrubbing my dishes.
    For you though, you should try added vinegar as your rinse agent. It works amazing. Even when you think you have no hope! TRY IT! If you don't have a rinse agent spot in your dishwasher add it to the bottom of your dishwasher. Seriously works.
    I have a recipe I am convinced that is going to work but I need to order the one product online. It will end up being quite cheap though. I will keep you posted. I am staying away from any borax recipes as they leave are not good to use for dishes because they can lead to a build up that is harmful. Not bad for clothes but for dishes not good.

    Let me know if the vinegar works! My parents use it in Phoenix and they have super hard water. Were worried they would have to spend hundreds on a water softener and the vinegar did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a huge fan of the method smarty dish - tabs, they work amazingly! plus they have a great pink grapefruit option :)

    ReplyDelete